An exciting opportunity has arisen for a motivated Health & Safety manager to join a ground works and construction specialist contractor. The role will be based in London and working across multiple projects in London and surrounding areas. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar industry.
- Promote a positive Health & Safety culture in the company
- Create and promote safe working practices across the Company and ensure compliance with current legislation.
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required.
- Establish a robust procedure for review of procedures and monitor and audit of procedure and practice within the business.
- Ensure accident prevention is prioritised by all.
- In the event of an accident/ incident occurring liaise with the Group Safety Manager to ensure that it is thoroughly investigated and appropriate action taken
- Investigate accidents and incidents and report back to Senior Leadership Team
- Managing the relationship with internal and external stakeholders and agreeing ownership and content of Health & Safety plans
- Providing advice and support on health, safety and well being issues
- 3 years plus experience working in Health & Safety
- NEBOSH certificate or equivalent
- Tech IOSH, ideally working towards Grad IOSH
- Previous experience working in construction industry would be a distinct advantage