Responsible for managing and developing health, safety, environmental and security organisational standards, ensuring compliance with legislation and Company management systems.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the Health and Safety department, ensuring a motivated, competent and engaged team where tasks and plans are achieved and delivered on time and within budget.
- Develop and deliver the Company’s health, safety, environmental and security objectives and compliance plans cost effectively and within budget
- Ensure Health, Safety, Environmental & Security Training is carried out, ensuring that regulations are followed and the training needs of the Company are met.
- Plan a programme of Health, Safety and Environmental processes and development to improve wellbeing, safety, environmental and security performance and ensure compliance with all relevant regulations
- Perform & review audits to identify non- compliance and manage a plan of improvement
- Manage injury and compliance investigations and ensure the findings are followed through
- Monitor updates in legislation and best practice, implementing, communicating any changes
- Record and analyse statistical data to monitor standards and develop improvement initiatives
- Develop knowledge, skills and experience of staff encouraging professional development
- Lead the Site Emergency Response team and be on-call for out of hours emergencies.
- Ensure all changes across campus are assessed for their holistic impact and advise on HSE and security needs.
- Holds minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate
- Background in science / engineering- Experience in ‘Technical Safety’ (Process Systems/Pressure Systems/Thermal Systems/ATEX/DSEAR)
- Member of IOSH
- We actively recruit citizens of all backgrounds, but the nature of our work in this specific area means that nationality, residency and security requirements are more tightly defined than others. Due to National Security requirements, the successful candidate will be a UK citizen only
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent NVQ
- Background in R&D
For more information please contact Thalia Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or 02089438760.
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Practitioner.