Health & Safety Lead (Part time)
Your new company
I am currently working on behalf of my client a national charity for a Health & Safety lead to join their Health & Safety team. This is a part time position on a permanent basis.
Your new role
- You will be the first point of contact for all H&S advice, queries, etc.
- Ensure that the Health & Safety and Fire Safety Policies are being adhered too
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments are being undertaken to a high standard, where required.
- Ensure that all accidents are effectively and efficiently recorded and reported to a high standard
- Identify training requirements, and work closely with Learning and Development (L&D) in the development and/or delivery of suitable training.
- Check Health and Safety Plans/Risk Assessments which Contractors
- Ensure that the local prevention management of legionella is being undertaken to a high standard
- Ensure that Asbestos Survey information is communicated by Local Managers to Contractors where required,
- Report to the Group H&S Manager on a monthly basis.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant Health, Safety & Welfare at work legislation.
What you'll need to succeed
Experience in a similar role. NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified, or working towards NEBOSH Certificate accreditation. Provision of H&S Advice to Managers, and accident/incident reporting/investigating
- You will have strong interpersonal skills. Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.