Join a growing team on an exciting development project for a borough council in the South of England. Our client is looking for a Head of Health & Safety ensure a comprehensive service in all aspects of Health & Safety ensuring construction processes and all associated sites comply with appropriate legislation, regulations and professional standards
Health & Safety Lead Accountabilities:
- Production and continual development of a Health & Safety Management System tailored to development and construction related activity that meets all relevant legislation, codes of practice and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure that the developer complies with all requirements of Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015 (CDM) with immediate focus on master planning and design stages of the project.
- Ensure that delivering a safe and healthy working environment is embedded in all aspects of the project and at all levels of management and supply chain engagement.
- Once developed, ensure the Councils Health & Safety Management System is implemented consistently across the project.
- Liaise with bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive, local Fire and Rescue dept. and any other relevant outside organisation.
The successful Health & Safety Lead will need a GradIOSH and NEBOSH Diploma, as well as extensive knowledge and a proven record of developing and applying effective health and safety management strategies and best practice in construction projects, specifically housing focussed. Construction Health & Safety experience is essential.
This role comes with a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. For more information on this role call Dominic on 020 7960 2551 or click apply.