Health and Safety Improvements Manager
London | £60,000 + Bonus and Excellent Benefits
An exciting new role has arisen with a large, global hotel company as a Health and Safety Improvements Manager. Our client's turnover is in excess of £1bn globally and are expanding rapidly across the UK with sites and employees spread throughout.
This role is sitting in the corporate function, working closely with the Head of HSEQ and key stakeholders across the business. The primary focus of this role is to lead on major projects to drive improvements across the business and report on these. Current major projects range from revising and implementing the new health and safety management systems through to implementing a 'training needs' gap analysis.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Improvements Manager will include:
- Engaging with a large number of stakeholders across the UK to identify required actions on projects
- Ensuring the roadmap is in place for the smooth communication and implementation of the projects across the business
- Developing and assessing the audit program for the project delivery and reporting on progress
- Acting as the key point of contact for projects, bringing together key stakeholders
The successful Health and Safety Improvements Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar health and safety role in a large, complex, multisite organisation with a large property portfolio
- Strong project management experience with a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage and communicate large volumes of information
- The ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, from shop floor to the boardroom
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Certificate and ideally hold or working towards Grad IOSH level
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact James Irwin on +44(0) 1923 432 632 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.