YOUR NEW COMPANY
A leading organisation operating within the Ports / Maritime industry is looking for a Junior Health & Safety professional to join their firm. This niche organisation plays a vital role within their industry by setting high safety standards and provide relevant support for their clients. This is a unique opportunity for a junior H&S professional to step into a challenging and rewarding position and to boost their career.
YOUR NEW ROLE
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for:
- Attend member's premises and conduct health, safety, skills, and culture audits
- Collect information, engage with members at their place of work and promote the work and strategy of the company
- Assist in the design and delivery of national and in-house training and promotional events on ports specific and industry related issues
- Create and deliver own presentations at events, meetings and working groups
- Produce the organisation's Health and Safety Manual
- Being the first point of contact on tactical Health and Safety matters for the organisation's members
- Operate "Member Enquiries" service and creatively and proactively assist members with advice and information in response to requests including requests via the website, social media and other channels
- Produce and disseminate guidance; information, documents, safety alerts, safety information notices, video, social media, web
- Undertake other activities as requested by your manager
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
To be considered for this position you must hold a NEBOSH general certificate, good general knowledge of H&S Legislation and ability to present to small/medium audience numbers. You are a driven, confident and engaging with great communications skills. You must also have 1+ year of H&S experience, ideally within the ports or related sectors.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You'll be offered £28k to £30k plus company pension, 25 days holidays. You will also have a tailored and structured development programme and the opportunity to work closely multiple high profile clients.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.