Health and Safety Consultant
Are you currently an in-house or regional Health and Safety Officer, Manager or Advisor looking for a new or different direction in your career?
Health and Safety Consultant, salary up to £35,000 + car + commission
We are looking for qualified and experienced health and safety practitioners to join our company and work with our enviable customer base of world-renowned organisations. The role gives you the ability to use your health and safety experience and knowledge in an advisory capacity and the time to build rapport with our customers.
Assurity Consulting is an independent health, safety and environmental consultancy, based in Horsham for over 30 years. This role allows you to have a ‘Sussex based’ lifestyle with the freedom to travel throughout the UK and abroad. You will also have flexibility in the role and be in control of planning your working schedule too.
The basic starting salary for the role is up to £35,000 plus the opportunity to earn commission. The employment package includes several other benefits, such as private healthcare, a pension scheme, profit share, a fully expensed company car and a laptop/mobile phone. The role supports personal development and could lead into people management, large contract management and/or furthering technical skills, knowledge and qualifications.
As a Health and Safety Consultant you will service, deliver and sell our strategic health and safety solutions to our customers. Alongside this you will maintain and develop relationships with customers and prospects and actively pursue new business. To fulfil the role, you will split your time across three areas: account management, technical aptitude and business development/sales.
Experience and personal attributes required
You will have the experience of working within a health and safety role and the ability to apply the requirements of UK health and safety legislation and regulations in a pragmatic and practical way using your knowledge and experience. If you have worked within a customer centric environment – that would be a bonus too. You will need to:
- Use your natural enthusiasm and talk positively when facing new challenges and meeting new people;
- Be able to empathise with our customers, appreciating our customers’ expertise and experience and where you can provide solutions and advice to help them;
- Have the ability to work in collaboration with your colleagues who have differing levels of experience and knowledge and to be willing to learn and constructively share experiences with them; and
- Have experience in presenting information to groups of people concisely and have experience in ‘selling’ ideas and concepts to other people.
Education, qualification and skills
- You will need to be qualified to a minimum of a NEBOSH Health and Safety General Certificate or equivalent.
- A degree or an equivalent level 5 or 6 qualification is desirable but not essential.
- A proven ability to undertake self-directed learning.
- A good level of verbal and written communication as the role requires writing reports in plain English.
- The innate ability to be able to build rapport with people and sell our ideas and concepts and enlist our services to make their workplace safer.
- The ability to understand concepts and be able to relate them to different circumstances and explain them to others clearly and concisely.
- Resilience and flexibility.
- Good interpersonal skills, enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- The ability to effectively manage your time and organise and prioritise work.
The role will include extensive travel on a frequent basis, so you will ideally live within a 45-minute drive of Horsham, West Sussex and you must hold a full UK driving licence. Flexibility in working hours is essential as this is not a 9-5 based role. There will also be occasions where you will need to stay in hotels expensed by the company due to travelling around the UK or abroad.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our friendly team please apply through our website within the careers section, attaching your CV and job specific cover letter, and if you have any further questions please contact Ian Robinson, our Business Support and HR Manager by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org