Health and Safety Consultant
Newbury | £40,000 + Car and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a niche health and safety consultancy to recruit a Health and Safety Consultant to join their established and growing team. The consultancy has built an enviable reputation over 15 years providing health and safety support and advice to clients across the rural and agricultural sectors. From large estates through to farms and relate commercial ventures, this business is seen as an expert in the space and as a result have been in a position to develop long term partnerships with clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious candidate who is looking to develop their career further within health and safety.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Consultant will include:
- Undertaking auditing, policy review, training, risk assessments and management systems assessment
- Working with clients to provide support and advice on health and safety to ensure they meet and exceed compliance
- Developing long term relationships with clients to understand their business and key challenges across health and safety
- Engaging internally to share best practice and ideas, constantly assessing opportunities for improvement and innovation
The successful Health and Safety Consultant will have:
- Proven experience in a health and safety role with experience creating pragmatic solutions, ideally with some exposure to the rural environment or related sectors civil engineering, machinery or agriculture
- Tech or Grad IOSH level, holding or working towards a degree or diploma (or equivalent) in health and safety
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
Contact James Irwin on 01923 432 632. Ref 3095
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.