YOUR NEW COMPANY
A leading blue-chip organisation with a global footprint is looking for a Health & Safety Director to join their organisation.
YOUR NEW ROLE
Reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Services you'll be responsible for will overseeing the statutory Health & Safety obligations of the organisation, providing operational and strategic Health & Safety oversight to all areas of the business. The role will also support and develop an integrated global approach in the context of Corporate Property Services to Corporate Social Responsibility and matters relating to Environment, Social and Governance. Further to this you will be responsible for:
- To coordinate and lead, write, implement and review company policy and procedures on all matters relating to health and safety (H&S) across the UK and Europe
- Monitor current statutory H&S obligations and respond to changes to legislation in a timely fashion to ensure organisational compliance
- Prepare safety strategies for company buildings or areas under company control and monitor implementation of such strategies
- Source, deliver and maintain effective H&S management processes and systems
- Identify vendors & negotiate preferential rates for the delivery of H&S products & services
- Establish and maintain risk assessments across all areas of the business to identify possible H&S exposure.
- Develop accident investigation processes, to include communication, cooperation and liaison with other departments
- Prepare and support the delivery of both in-house and industry accredited H&S training, guides and toolkits with content appropriate for all working styles and locations across the business
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with local authorities or other legislative bodies and professional organisations to ensure maximum benefit is gained from industry resources
- Prepare and support the delivery of any H&S related management reports as may be required by the organisation
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as may be requested by senior management
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You'll be offered a salary up to £75,000 p.a., bonus up to 35%, Life Insurance, Private Medical and other benefits incl. cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, eye tests, interest free season ticket loans.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCEED
The organisation is looking for candidates who are CMIOSH (or working towards), hold a NEBOSH Diploma, ideally experience within the corporate industry and with ability to work effectively across functions and regions to implement consistent standards and practices.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion.