This is an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety professional to join the Planning Inspectorate. We need to do all we can to minimise the risk of harm for our people from a health, safety and well-being perspective. We have created a brand-new role within the Planning Inspectorate to help us achieve this.
People are at the heart of our agenda, and our Strategic Plan is to be at the heart of the planning system in England and Wales. Our workforce is a mixture of home and office based. Our home-based workers operate in a variety of environments and challenging situations, making key and emotive decisions that impact on things that people care about at a local and national level.
We are looking for an experienced Health and Safety professional. The primary focus of this role is to enable senior leaders in PINS to create a culture (supported by systems) where H&S and wellbeing are high up on the agenda of corporate activities and where all risks of physical and mental harm are appropriately managed.
You will provide expert technical support and advice to senior leaders and be proactive in driving forward plans and initiatives, whilst ensuring we have the right governance, and processes in place. Our aim is to promote a positive health, safety and wellbeing culture, ensuring that our employees well-being is at the heart of everything we do.
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health qualified (or Institution of Occupational Safety and Health qualified and willingness to study towards NEBOSH)
- Experience of working in a senior role in Health and Safety in an office environment
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a range of people and to give presentations to groups
- Problem-solving ability
- the ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- An interest in the law and the ability to understand and apply regulations
- Pro-active approach to improving health and safety and wellbeing policies
- CIPD qualified to level 5 or equivalent or a willingness to study towards this qualification
- Experience of working in a similar role in an office environment
For the full job description and further details, please select APPLY NOW to see the Civil Service Job site advert and candidate pack.