Health & Safety Advisors – Edinburgh and Inverness
Drummond Bridge are delighted to be working exclusively with The National Trust for Scotland to recruit 2 Health & Safety Advisors in Edinburgh and Inverness.
The NTS is the largest member organisation in Scotland, an independent charity since 1931, supported by 365,000 members and funded largely by donations. The Trust protects and champions Scotland’s natural, built and cultural heritage and encourage people to connect with the things that make Scotland unique, while protecting them for future generations.
Reporting to the National Health and Safety Manager (Operations) the H&S Advisors offer a range of health, safety and environmental services (Health and Safety being the primary focus) to the Trust’s Operations Directorate and is the first point of contact for property and regional management within their allotted property portfolio.
It is a fundamental function of the post that the post-holder will develop a close and effective working relationship with management teams in their allotted region, including General Managers, Business Managers and Operations Managers. This will enable, and require, the post-holder to respond quickly to requests for assistance as well as becoming a relied upon and readily available ‘go to’ professional HS&E practitioner to properties within their portfolio. They will become a key member of the planning/decision-making process and will have highly developed and effective communication and influencing skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Monitor health and safety systems
- Health, Safety and Environmental performance
- Investigation of accidents and near misses
- Highlight areas of concern, offering solutions
- Attendance at meetings
- Training and development
- Sensible management of risk
- Full NEBOSH Diploma qualified (or equivalent).
- Driving Licence, valid for driving within the UK (roles require regular travel, including to rural areas)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management or equivalent (or committed to achieving formal qualification within 6 months of appointment).
- Chartered Membership of IOSH (desirable)
The successful candidate must have comprehensive depth/breadth of post-qualification practical experience, including HS&E auditing and ideally having provided HS&E support in a complex, multi-functional organisation.
Essential Experience includes:
- In-depth experience of conducting and reporting on accidents and near miss/incidents including the development of strategies for preventing recurrence.
- Familiarisation with extracting HS&E performance indicators to produce action-focused reports identifying trends and areas for attention.
- Experience of designing and presenting HS&E training activities.
In the first instance interested parties should contact Roddy McCallum, the lead consultant managing this assignment for Drummond Bridge by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01414337973.
Please include your preferred location in your application.