Health and Safety Advisor - Warehouse & Logistics |Kettering | £35,000 plus attractive benefits
We're working with a leading online retailer to secure an experienced Health and Safety Advisor with experience of warehousing and logistics. The company has a well-recognised brand and is well-established across the UK.
This role will provide health and safety expertise across one major distribution centre and two corporate offices. The role will involve some travel between sites.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Development of the health & safety strategy and internal policies in accordance with relevant legislation
- Advising and mentoring staff at all levels on the day to day implementation of the safety management system, including auditing against this and running training as required
- Conducting any required incident or accident investigations, associated reports and plans for improvement
- Working with managers and key stakeholders to create pragmatic solutions and ensuring key priorities from audits are actioned
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role with a focus on warehouse and logistics or a related industry
- Experience operating in a fast paced, multi-site environment and be able to prioritise effectively
- A pragmatic and solutions focused outlook, good communications skills with experience of engaging effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent as minimum and ideally membership of a relevant professional body (i.e. GradIOSH or TechIOSH)
This position will require motivated health and safety professional who can work both independently and as part of a wider team. The position will include some travel; a valid UK driver's license is essential. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Conor Walsh on or 01923 432 628
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.