|Sector||Corporate HSE, Engineering, Risk management|
|Posted||5 months ago|
|Apply by||Friday, 21 December 2018|
Who we are
Go North East operates public transport services in the North-East of England. Employing over 2000 people, with a fleet of 700 vehicles, we are the regional subsidiary of the Go-Ahead Group plc, an international transport provider of bus and rail services.
What you'll do
You will report to the Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. You will be enthusiastic, pro-active and pragmatic for this predominately engineering focussed role. You will support line managers to drive continuous improvement in health, safety and the environment. You will ensure compliance with legislation and company policies/procedures to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for our colleagues and to protect our customers, visitors, and third parties. You will work independently and/or part of a multi-disciplinary team depending upon the needs of the business and must be able to demonstrate a clear commitment to health and safety.
• Risk assessment for significant Task/Activity based, Site/Facilities, Equipment, COSHH, Manual Handling, Road/Route, Individual and Environmental activities with advice to management to eliminate where reasonably practicable, reduce or control the health and safety risks;
• Provide Safe Systems of Work to ensure colleagues are able to carry out their work in a safe and healthy manner;
• Support local Health and Safety Committees;
• Accident, incident (including Near Miss) investigation input;
• Alcohol/Drug Testing according to company policy;
• Preparation and input into internal and external audits commissioned by the Go Ahead Group;
• Input into GNEs health & safety management systems with recommended actions where appropriate.
• NEBOSH National General Certificate or similar;
• Thorough understanding of health and safety legislation and all round knowledge of health and safety in the workplace;
• Experience within a health and safety role/environment;
• Experience in an engineering environment;
• The commitment and aptitude to successfully undertake ongoing health and safety training.
• The ability to work closely and effectively with colleagues across all levels of Go North East;
• The ability to work independently (or within a team), problem solving, and organisational skills;
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Resilient under pressure and able to converse confidently with all members/levels of staff;
• Proven dedication, flexibility and commitment;
• Computer literate;
• Full driving licence with own transport to travel between Go North East sites as required.
• PCV License.
Salary & Benefits
• Salary appropriate with the level of the role and its responsibilities;
• Basic 38-hour week, but you are expected to work reasonable additional time as the needs of the business may require;
• Travel pass for various operators’ bus services;
• Contributory Pension Scheme;
• Lifestyle benefits;
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
The successful candidate will be subject to a six month probationary period.
Apply in confidence with your CV, and describe how you fit the role, to email@example.com