Health and Safety Advisor | Construction |
4-6 month contract | £220 per day | Norwich
Irwin & Colton are working with a leading Principal Contractor to secure a Health and Safety Advisor for a large construction project in Norwich. The primary focus of the role is to aid the site team in ensuring the consistent implementation and progression of a positive safety culture.
This principal contractor has a strong heritage and a reputation for being an employer of choice within the construction industry.
Key responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor:
- Carry out site inspections and audits to identify any unsafe practices and educate the teams towards the correct methods of work
- Keep up to date with SHE legislation and company policies and procedures, and ensure that the site teams are following these
- Liaise with senior management teams, offering SHE advice as necessary
- Working with managers to create pragmatic solutions and ensuring key priorities from audits are actioned
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have the following experience and skills:
- NEBOSH General Certificate / Construction Certificate
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within the construction industry
- Hold a current 5 day SMSTS and valid CSCS Card
This is a great opportunity to work for a well-known construction company, on an interesting short-term project. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or call 01923 432 634
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.