Health and Safety Advisor - Construction | London | £45,000 to £50,000 plus car or car allowance & benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a leading civil engineering and RC frame construction contractor to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture and best practice across a range of construction projects across London and the Greater London area. Supported by the Group Health & Safety Manager, this is great opportunity to join a highly successful business with excellent opportunities for career advancement.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Developing and implementing innovative ideas to improve health and safety performance
- Providing competent and professional Health & Safety advice to all employees and ensure all company systems, procedures and policies are complied with
- Advise on the practical implementation of safe systems of work and construction phase plans
- Conducting training, toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Undertaking audits and inspections, identifying areas for improvement and reporting on the findings
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or civil engineering, RC Frame experience an advantage
- Minimum of NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and preferably membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to tailor a message and communicate succinctly to a range of stakeholders at different levels
- Drive and enthusiasm with the willingness to develop and grow
This is an excellent opportunity for an established health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of construction projects, with a leading specialist contractor. For further details and to apply please contact Michael Colton on or 01923 432 633
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.