Health & Safety Advisor
Your new company
I am currently working on behalf of my client a construction and property organisation for a Health & Safety advisor to join their team of 10. With over 40,000 stock and a plan to construct over 1000 units for the next few years this is an exciting time to join this organisation
Your new role
- You will be responsible for providing general and specialist health, safety and environmental advice, support and information to stakeholders across the organisation and report to the Group Head of Health, Safety and Environmental.
- You will ensure that the organisations structure is legally compliant with relevant statutory Health, Safety and Environmental provision.
- This role is key to supporting the development, implementation and continual monitoring of the Health, Safety and Environmental management systems.
- You will carry out inspections, audits and assessments across all Group locations, work streams and work activities to assess and test compliance with regulatory and organisational requirements (including contractor controls, environmental and waste management).
- Support managers when producing and reviewing risk assessments and method statements, to ensure hazard identification and risk control are suitable and sufficient based on legal requirements, best practice and professional health and safety knowledge
- Monitor accident/ incident trends and produce reports and statistical data for relevant persons, meetings and groups to help shape HS&E action plans and strategies for risk reduction.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful for the position applications must have experience working in the construction safety industry and hold a NEBOSH certificate and IOSH membership.
What you'll get in return
Salary for the role is £36,000 - £37,000 per annum. You will receive excellent support and training with the opportunity to progress.
Hours of work are 37 hours per week Monday to Friday. Travel will be across the Merseyside, Cheshire and Lancashire region
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.