Wokingham Borough Council is currently recruiting for a full time permanent Health and Safety Advisor. Reporting to the Health and Safety Manager, you will support the Council in ensuring a strong health and safety culture is maintained across our unitary local authority in order to keep staff and those accessing our services and buildings safe.
Our Council takes a sensible and proportionate approach to managing risk and your skills and enthusiasm will help enable, empower and support the organisation to do just that. With a fresh consultative and commercial approach modelled to fit our broad and varied customer base, this is an exciting time for you to join our small health and safety team. On a personal level, should you be looking for an opportunity to develop to a higher professional level then this could be the job for you.
Along with a town centre location (Wokingham has close proximity to Reading and excellent road and rail links) we offer good benefits such as flexible working, a generous annual leave entitlement and an excellent pension package.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Delivering the Council’s day to day health and safety service providing advice, guidance and support on all matters relating to health and safety
- Monitoring accident and incident reporting providing investigatory support and intervention as and when necessary
- Conducting periodic health and safety reviews and assurance checks to ensure compliance
- Ensuring the provision of a quality health and safety training programme tailored to meet the Council’s needs
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Qualified or working towards NEBOSH National General Certificate level (or equivalent) with membership of IOSH or another equivalent professional body
- Sound working knowledge of health and safety legislation and good practice, applicants must have experience of working within a health and safety environment at an operational level
- Approachable with good communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and meaningful way
- Ability to juggle priorities and work flexibly within a dynamic environment
- Proficient in IT including Microsoft Word and Excel
A current driving licence along with access to a suitable vehicle for use during your duties is essential.
Closing Date for Applications: 19 January 2020
Interviews: w/c 27 January and 3 February 2020
Interested? Click below ‘APPLY NOW’ and send your C.V. along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wokingham Borough Council is an equal opportunities employer; where applicants have declared a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role they will be short-listed for an interview.
If you would like further information or wish to arrange for an informal chat about this opportunity then email email@example.com