Health and Safety Advisor - Construction | London | £350 per day
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a well-known property company to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor on a contract basis. The company are experts in student accommodation and own a number of large premises across the UK with assets over a £1bn. This role will be based in London although will involve travel across the UK. The position is primarily responsible for ensuring the safe delivery of refurbishment projects across the property portfolio.
This contract has an expected duration of 12 months working 2 days per week.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Visiting construction projects undertaking health & safety audits and inspections of contractors to ensure safe delivery of projects.
- Working with the wider construction and procurement team to assess and select the potential contractors from a health & safety standpoint
- Providing specialist advice and information on construction health and safety to projects and advising on any changes required.
- Keeping up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the construction / fit-out or related industry and in-depth knowledge of legislation including CDM 2015
- Ideally hold a level 6 health and safety qualification, NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or equivalent and hold Grad IOSH status
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
The Health and Safety Advisor role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional who can hit the ground running. If you're interested, please send your cv or call Conor Walsh on or 01923 432 628
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.