Health and Safety Advisor
Hitchin | £40,000 + Car
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a large house building company to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. This role will join a tight knit organisation which is currently undergoing a major growth phase. The company is currently engaged on major residential construction projects and has a solid pipeline of projects moving forward.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Visiting site regularly, assessing safety and health performance and engaging with site managers to ensuring compliance, conducting training where required
- Accurately reporting on health and safety performance and communicating this across the organisation
- Assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across sites
- Conducting incident investigation to identify root cause and making recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction, house building or a related industry
- Experience in a multi-site environment with the ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage with a range of individuals
This position as Health and Safety Advisor will require a self-starter who can hit the ground running. The position will require the ability to travel regularly to site.
For further information contact Conor Walsh on or 01923 432 628. Ref CW590
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.