Health & Safety Advisor; HSE; NEBOSH
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting for a leading contractor specialist that focus on the mechanical and electrical industry and are looking for a HS Advisor with a similar background.
Your new role
- Monitor the clients safety performance and advise on compliance with our health, safety and welfare policies and the company safety management system.
- Develop safety documents in conjunction with the site project team /Project Manager.
- Conduct weekly formal site inspections and monthly audits as directed in the Safety Management system
- Communicate the findings of inspections & audits to site management and assist in the closure of issues in line with the companies policy.
- Ensure the delivery of health and safety inductions for all new employees or contractors working on site.
- Ensure sub-contractor safety documents are produced and available onsite, relevant and in accordance with best practice and current legislation.
- Advise/assist the Site/Project Management team in reviewing and drafting method statements for high risk activities.
- Support the site management in ensuring the records of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment.
- Manage all incident/accident investigation reporting and filing.
- Advise on personal protection equipment required for all employees.
- Serve as the clients representative at client site meetings when requested.
- Manage the Tool Box Schedule for the project including attendance records.
- Compile and communicate site emergency plans in conjunction with the site management team.
- Manage the training register for the project, ensuring the Project team and supply chain meet the companies compliance requirements.
- Furnish safety reports to head office as required
- Comply with other reasonable request from senior management on matters of safety not to the detriment of the core duties
- Ensure compliance and promote good work practices in relation to health, safety and welfare management systems.
What you'll need to succeed
- NEBOSH Certificate as standard
- CSCS Card
- Candidates must have 3-5 years' experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge within Mechanical/Electrical commercial projects
- Experience in construction planning in data centres would be advantageous
- Microsoft Word and power point knowledge to an intermediate level
- Excel knowledge may consist of putting together reports as and when needed
What you'll get in return
- Supports Progression and development within the company
- Educational Assistance
- Company Pension
- Permanent role with opportunities to work on varied projects in Ireland, the UK and Mainland Europe
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.