We have an interesting opportunity for an experienced H&S Advisor to join a team working with a London based housing association and registered Charity. As a member of the H&S team, you will provide expert advisory and support services to the Board and Management in all aspects of property and workplace safety. You will be responsible for supporting a portfolio spanning London and the South West of England. Ideally you will have experience of working in a fast paced, diverse environment within a similar organisation or have had experience with vulnerable and disadvantaged people and understand associated risks. Part-time will also be considered.
- Respond to requests and direct complex queries, by phone or email and to the Head of H&S
- Carry out health & safety audits and inspections of residential and commercial properties, including large hostels.
- Provide advice on Fire Safety and undertake simple Fire Risk Assessments.
- Regularly design, develop training materials and deliver health and safety training to staff and managers.
- Proactively develop systems and processes to allow the team to manage data effectively and to be readily able to identify problems and health and safety concerns.
- Maintain health and safety records and produce reports for monitoring and accountability purposes.
- NEBOSH Certificate, or an Environmental Health degree or qualification, or equivalent.
- Experience of carrying out high level health and safety tasks, for example risk assessments, inspections, monitoring and reporting.
- Experience of designing, developing and delivering training sessions
- Experience developing and maintaining recording processes and systems
- An understanding of the health and safety issues and challenges which may arise in an organisation working with vulnerable people who may exhibit challenging behaviour.
- Comfortable with travel to locations within London and occasionally the South of UK.