Health & Safety Advisor - North
Health & Safety Advisor | Glasgow | Up to £39,500 per annum plus car allowance | Permanent
Your new company
An International facilities management company is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to look after a portfolio of contracts for their clients based across the Scotland area.
Your new role
This role will cover the Scotland area and parts of the North of England. You will assist in the management and delivery of an effective Corporate Health and Safety service to ensure the company meets its statutory responsibilities to provide a safe working environment for employees and clients.
- You will ensure compliance with Health and Safety at Work Act, Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations and the CDM Regulations.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to Senior Managers, Managers and Employees on health and safety welfare issues.
- Assist in the implementation of Health, Safety and Risk Management policies and procedures
- To liaise with managers to identify and facilitate the management of health and safety on projects.
- Assist in the development and delivery of a range of training programmes in relation to health and safety
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of documented health and safety procedures, including relevant hazard and risk assessments
- Undertake accident investigations and near misses
- Keep up to date with legislation, guidance and other relevant developments and implement strategies where necessary.
- To attend training courses to help with your CPD.
- Undertake any other duties and/or responsibilities as may be required from time to time by the Head of HSEQ.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position you must have experience as a H&S professional within the FM, Building Services or Fit-out sectors, be Grad IOSH and hold a NEBOSH Diploma as a minimum (or working towards).
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary of £39'500 per annum plus car allowance. You will have access to a range of benefits which include pension, vouchers, discount shopping and much more
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.