YOUR NEW COMPANY
An International Building Services company is looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to look after a portfolio of contracts for their clients based across the M4 corridor and the South West region.
YOUR NEW ROLE
This a mobile role (home based) that will cover the South West of England region however the ideal location would be Bristol. This role is to assist in the management and delivery of an effective Corporate Health and Safety service to ensure the company meets its statutory responsibilities and provides safe working environments for employees and clients. Reporting directly to the Regional H&S Manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety at Work Act, Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations and the CDM Regulations as they apply at all times
- Representing the company in a professional and competent manner at all times and developing strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to Senior Manager, Project Managers and Employees on health and safety welfare issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Health, Safety and Risk Management policies and procedures
- To liaise with Project and Site Managers to identify and facilitate the management of health and safety on projects.
- Assist in the development and delivery of a comprehensive range of training programmes in relation to health and safety management
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of documented health and safety procedures, including relevant hazard and risk assessments, for all activities.
- To undertake accident investigations and prepare accurate and professional reviews, including appropriate recommendations where necessary.
- Recognise changes to legislation, guidance and other relevant developments and develop strategies for their implementation where necessary.
- To attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal and team job skills keep pace with technical and business developments.
- To work with company and customer colleagues to ensure that laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
You be offered a salary £40k, Company Car or Allowance, Pension and Healthcare plan.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
To be considered for this position you must have experience as a H&S professional within the Hard FM, Building Services or Fit-out sectors, be Grad IOSH and hold a NEBOSH Diploma as a minimum (or working towards).
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.