A laboratory services provider is recruiting for a Health & Safety Advisor to join their team in London. You will provide assistance and support to the Group Health & Safety Director and Health & Safety Committees and Groups, ensuring safe practice across all sites. You will also liaise with the relevant Heads of Department and Safety Officers across national sites and with business partners including NHS Trusts.
- Support the Senior H&S Advisor in the management of compliance with ISO 14001.
- Undertake health, safety & environmental audits and risk assessments and produce audit reports for assigned regions.
- Develop, deliver and review relevant health, safety and environmental training for all staff.
- Liaise closely with the FM team to manage issues relating to the facilities service provision, and specifically waste disposal, fire safety equipment, electrical testing and safety audit non-compliances.
- Support and assist the Senior H&S Advisor in the management of the HSE systems.
- NEBOSH L6 Diploma/equivalent or working towards
- Excellent understanding of current H&S legislation.
- Excellent and precise written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in dealing with hazards associated with the use of laboratory equipment and activities in a clinical/life science/pharmaceutical environment are desirable.