Your new company
Hays Health & Safety have exclusively partnered with a reputable registered housing association & charity based across London and the South. This registered housing association and charity provide accommodation and support services for a range of people. They have properties based mainly across the London region but also across into the South and South West of England. They have a central Health & Safety lead by a Head of Health & Safety who provide expert advice and support in regards to the management of health & safety across the whole organisation.
Your new role
This is a growth role for the central team due to the level of work currently being undertaken. Your new role will include carrying out health & safety audits, inspections, providing advice on fire safety, undertaking fire risk assessments, delivering training, providing high quality advice and maintaining health & safety records to produce any necessary reports. Some of your key responsibilities in the role include the following:
- Analysing reports including asbestos, legionella etc... and taking appropriate action
- Accident investigation, Accident reporting and analysis including RIDDOR
- Proactively developing systems and processes to allow the team to identify potential risks and concerns
- Carrying out routine inspections of residential and commercial properties
- Developing a range of risk assessments to cover the most common issues
- Proactively identify where new/revised guidance is required
- Draft and review policies and procedures
- Design, develop and deliver health & safety training to staff and managers
- Complete COSHH assessments
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful for this post you will need to have experience in carrying out high level health & safety tasks such as risk assessments, inspections, monitoring, reporting and training. You will need to hold at minimum a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent and it would be beneficial if you were registered with IOSH at at least TechIOSH level. You will need to have good communication and influencing skills and a track record in developing processes.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive an annual salary of £36,000, a comprehensive flexible working scheme and 25 days annual leave to name a few benefits. You will have continued support and development opportunities in a diverse and continually changing environment. This is a unique and interesting role for anyone looking for their new challenge in health & safety.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.