Health and Safety Advisor (Civil Engineering)
Warrington | £30,000 - £38,000 + Car + Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been engaged by a well-established civil engineer to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of a major contracts across the housebuilding sector. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to this continued success.
This role is focused on providing accurate and effective health and safety advice to all staff and promoting a positive health and safety culture on site.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Engaging with staff and contractors on health and safety performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within civil engineering or utilities
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally Tech IOSH status and experience with ISO standards
- Experience of groundworks and streetworks
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and driven individual who is looking to develop their career within health and safety, across an interesting portfolio of projects, with a leading utilities company. For further details and to apply please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED438
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.