We are working exclusively with a Housing Association in the North East to recruit a Health & Safety Advisor. In this newly created role, you will join the existing Health & Safety team and provide advice to all colleagues within the Group and support the Head of Health & Safety in the development and implementation of the Group's Health & Safety strategy.
- Providing advice and guidance to Group colleagues on the suitability of risk assessments, method statements and other relevant documents submitted by Group contractors.
- Investigate accidents, near misses, dangerous occurrences and other incidents and provide timely reports and recommendations, notifying relevant parties as appropriate.
- Oversee the health and safety mentor programme to ensure it operates effectively across the Group.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a health and safety communications plan to ensure effective communication with Group colleagues.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and Grad IOSH membership.
- A track record in delivering projects and driving improvements within deadlines and to agreed targets.
- Experience of the effective management of health and safety in the Housing or Property Management sectors.
- Proactive thinker with strong influencing and engagement skills.