Health & Safety Advisor | Construction | St Albans | £40,000 to £50,000 plus benefits
We're pleased to be partnering with a well established construction company who are seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to take a lead role in developing their Health and Safety function. Our client is a growing business, specialising in civil engineering, RC Frame and groundworks and has an enviable client list.
The company is going from strength to strength and this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to grow and develop their career and responsibilities as the company grows.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Ensure positive health and safety performance across the company and all project sites, across London and Greater London
- Visiting sites, assisting and advising operational managers to ensure they can achieve the efficient and effective delivery of the health and safety strategy
- Conducting accident / incident investigations, where required, to identify root cause and make recommendations to prevent reoccurrence
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within construction, civil engineering or a related industry
- Experience in engaging and coaching operational staff and the management team
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate as minimum or equivalent (Diploma desirable)
- Membership of a professional body (eg IOSH)
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated health and safety professional to further progress and develop their career in dynamic and professional environment. The position will require regular travel to sites across the London Region. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Michael Colton on or call 01923 432 633.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.