Health and Safety Advisor (Manufacturing)
Aberdare, Wales | Competitive salary + benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a specialist global industrial technology manufacturer to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. The organisation has a large global footprint and this role is specifically responsible for a large site in Aberdare. This role is leading the health and safety function across the site of 120 employees.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Ensuring the site is compliant with both UK legislation and the global strategy for health, safety and environment
- Engaging across the site to drive improvement across the health, safety and environment
- Auditing safety, health and environmental performance, accurately reporting and investigating incidents and near misses
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, and enforcement agencies
The successful Health and Saefty Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within a related manufacturing, pharmaceutical, chemical or industrial environment
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and membership of IOSH, ideally working towards or hold diploma level and an environmental qualification
- Excellent communication skills with proven experience engaging clients, colleagues and contractors
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation across chemical Handling & Storage
Contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634. REF ED330
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.