A Health & Safety Advisor to join a world class provider of bespoke marine interiors, based in Southampton.
Your new company
My client are working exclusively with Hays: Health and Safety in Southampton. The company are proud to create world class marine interiors using innovative approaches combined with traditional principles. They are an established interior re-fitter in the industry with more than 50 years' experience. The business have earned the respect of their trusted partners and loyal customers alike.
Whether you are a client in need of a full turnkey refurbishment or ongoing maintenance of your fleet, the company deliver every project on time and on budget to the highest standard.
Your new role
As Health and Safety Advisor, you must independently lead, develop, maintain and communicate all aspects of the companies Health and Safety Management system. Engaging with all stakeholders, you will be the 'competent person' and must have the leadership and communication skills to be able to instil a proactive safety culture through the implementation of a robust Health and Safety program that is consistently delivered by all individuals.
Key responsibilities include:
- The ability to communicate and lead the Health and Safety function to ensure it is recognised by clients and internal personnel as being the standard to which all should operate.
- Excellent knowledge of current legislative requirements and approved code of practice.
- Be able to liaise directly with the client and all levels of company Management and site operatives.
- Be comfortable undertaking training and toolbox talks as and when required.
- Ideally experience in working in a Ship yard, Ship building, maintenance and/or refit environments.
- The applicant must be flexible with the working hours and to be prepared to work weekends if required.
This role will require a Full UK Driving Licence. Working hours: 40/week, 8.30-5.30 Monday-Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
My client are keen to add an ambitious, flexible individual who is a Health and Safety Advisor at present, or someone who is looking to make the step up from a more junior Health and Safety role.
You must hold a NEBOSH Diploma (equivalent) or be working towards this - NEBOSH General/Construction Certificate minimum, with experience of OHSAS 18001. A background within the Marine or Construction industries is preferred.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join an established, well-respected local business who are experts in their field and keen to grow in future.
The company are offering a salary of Circa £35,000 (DOE), 21 days + BH's (increasing to 25 days on service), pension, discretionary bonus (4 weeks pay), fresh fruit twice a week, free parking and early finishes on Fridays (3 weeks in every 4).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me today.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, or know of a friend/colleague who might be keen, please forward this advert to them or contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.