LondonEnergy is seeking industry role models with strong communication, who can drive change converting strategy to task and influence the business and supply chain.
LondonEnergy operates the second largest waste contract in the UK, handling and treating nearly 750,000 tonnes of London’s waste and recyclables, generating enough electricity to power more than 80,000 homes every year. We divert more than 90% of waste away from landfill saving nearly 300,000 tonnes of CO2e every year. As well as a 40-acre head office in North London, the company operates two transfer stations and six Reuse and Recycling Centres across North London.
The Company is committed to achieving the highest levels of health and safety across the organisation. In 2017 we embarked on a three-year training and engagement programme with all our staff to promote our health and safety culture, which has already won industry awards in the first year of its roll-out.
We are currently seeking:
- Health and Safety Advisor
We invite applications from professionals with a focus on safety culture and experience in heavy industry, operations and projects who are strong communicators, ‘doers’ who can advocate HSQE best practice and influence the business and supply chain.
This is an exciting time to join the Company if you are committed to driving excellence on health and safety practice, leading the Company’s ambition to being an exemplar in safety culture.
In addition to a competitive salary you will enjoy a range of benefits:
5% company contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, twenty-eight days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays and a Company profit based bonus. Salary increases of RPI plus 0.25% are guaranteed to 2021 and the Company promotes in post learning and development.
The job holder will be responsible for advising, documenting and make proactive recommendations for all aspects of Health and Safety within LondonEnergy Ltd. and its subsidiary contractors on all LWL sites.
Planning and Liaison
- Provide Health and Safety advice, guidance and auditing services to the management, as required by the Head of EHS.
- Liaise with LWL employees and contractors to promote safe practices in accordance with management direction.
- Review the Company Safety Plan ensuring that it captures the recommendations of the HSE and fulfils company objectives.
- Review, recommend and revise the Company health and safety policies, procedures and systems to best fulfil business objectives, the Company Safety Plan and legal requirements.
- Monitor all LondonEnergy activities for compliance with health and safety policy, procedures and legal requirements.
- Carry out investigations, make reports and recommendations and complete the follow up circle.
- Plan, review and action remedial work to comply with recommendations from audits or reports, (from HSE, Insurance company, line management, etc.).
- Monitor contractor health and safety arrangements and advise where improvements are necessary. Assist contractors in fulfilling those improvements.
- Identify hazards, advise upon and coordinate risk reduction opportunities, exercising expertise as appropriate.
- Prepare H&S related reports regularly and on ad hoc base as required.
- Write risk assessments and advise managers/supervisors with them preparing area/task specific risk assessments.
- Monitor changes of legislation regarding H&S, occupational health, CDM and anything else that could affect the H&S performance of the LWL sites
- Review, revise and support the implementation of the Company policies, procedures and systems to ensure that the full range of work activities can be conducted safely in all areas of the Company.
- Undertake training for all departments on all activities of the Company of a health and safety nature.
- Organise external training sessions in conjunction with the Human Resources department, as required
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of OHSAS 18001
- Experience in producing and delivering Health & Safety training
- Experience in undertaking and recording Health & Safety inspections
- A motivator with strong communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years safety experience in power generation, electrical engineering or construction
- Highly PC literate.
- Full UK driving licence