Acre have partnered up with a prestigious "magic circle" law firm based in Central London, who are looking to add a Health & Safety Advisor to their team on a full-time basis for an 18-month fixed term contract. You will be reporting directly into the health & safety manager and have experience in change environment and transformation experience.
To support the London Health and Safety Manager in providing an effective health and safety management. This will include assisting with the delivery of the health and safety policy and manual, developing and maintaining partnerships with key stakeholders and coaching staff to enable and assist them in meeting their responsibilities in line with all relevant legislative guidance and best practice
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- To carry out workstation and DSE assessments and address the requirements of the DSE regulations;
- To assist with the rollout of the online DSE package;
- Carry out Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs), New and Expectant Mother Risk Assessments (NEMRAs);
- Carry out internal Health and Safety training (inductions, fire marshals);
- Health and safety event log management (recording progress with actions, closing out non-conformities);
- Assist with administration of permit system (permit to work, risk assessments and e-permit project), reviewing contractor risk assessment and method statements;
- Assist with administration of CAFM systems (e.g. Planon and Assurity portal).
- Assist in developing health and safety awareness in London;
- Collate London health and safety statistics and produce monthly reports with agreed KPIs;
- Identify and disseminate key Health and Safety information to staff as required;
- To carry out inspections, audits and accident investigations as directed, to produce recommendations resulting from them, coaching staff as required and monitor management progress where significant risks are identified, seeking assurance of their completion;
- To review incidents, risk registers, risk assessments and any other health and safety documentation to ensure their suitability, that appropriate actions have been taken where identified and monitor their implementation as required;
- To assist in maintaining any electronic or paper-based systems in place to ensure health and safety compliance is monitored and accurate records are kept;
- To assist with the collation and analysis of statistical information;
- To develop, review or source health and safety training content as required to ensure identified health and safety competencies are catered for;
- To prepare written reports and presentations as required.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development of skills and performance to ensure the required skills, knowledge and competence to fulfil the role and to make an effective contribution to the organisation;
- Provide robust and practical health and safety support and guidance to managers on the areas within your level of competence, ensuring a high-quality service is provided to the business;
- Effective contribution to ensuring risk assessments, behavioural and skills-based training and good practice standards for all day-to-day matters are embedded and promoted;
- Maintaining awareness of issues arising out of changes in the legislative environment;
- Maintenance of technical and non-technical knowledge;
- Systematic about record keeping;
- Demonstrable communication skills - through various media;
- Confidence to work unsupervised and under guidance of the Health and Safety Manager as well as engage in open discussion of topics;
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative;
- Positive approach and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Current understanding of relevant health and safety at work legislation;
- Demonstrable experience within a Health and Safety Advisor role;
- An appropriate professional qualification such as NEBOSH General Certificate, NCRQ or equivalent;
- Display Screen Equipment (DSE) qualification;
- Facilities management experience;
- Experience with health and safety management systems;
- Experience in a corporate environment;
- Excellent observational skills and recognises the importance of health and safety within a business context;
- Demonstrate a genuine interest within a business context;
- Self-motivated, committed, professional and pragmatic in your approach to work;
- Able to manage concurrent activities and multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
- Able to interpret health and safety legislation in the context of the clients' activities;
- Experience in presenting and delivery of training.
In this newly formed role, you will be a key member of an expert team of specialists. This is a great opportunity for somebody looking to progress their career in a fast-paced global organisation. If you match up well to the above position, please apply now where you will be contacted to discuss the role in more detail.