Health & Safety Advisor
Salary Range: £26,146 - £30,435 per annum + Car Allowance (£103.25 per month)
Additional payments: Car Allowance
Work Location: Appletree Court, Lyndhurst
Hours per week: 37 Hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
As a large public sector organisation covering the New Forest District we are currently seeking a Health and Safety Advisor to join our team. Reporting into the Senior Health and Safety Officer, you will work in a central team providing health and safety advice across a range of service areas. This role will be covering a vast mix of environments and is ideal for someone looking for variation in a role day-day. Primarily covering multiple operational services including waste and transport, building works, housing and health and leisure you will also be involved with issues surrounding lone workers, interactions with the public and multiple office environments.
If you are a NEBOSH qualified professional who is seeking a new challenge and eager to get involved with day to day operations please get in touch.
- Develop, implement and audit policies, safety plans and standard/emergency operating procedures
- Undertake a programme of audits and workplace inspections based on risk assessment
- Monitor and review accident/incident data making clear recommendations to management
- Complete accident and incident investigations as required providing advice to management on the causation and remedial action to prevent recurrence
- Keep up to date with current health and safety legislation and advice to ensure best practice is implemented and all services comply with their statutory obligations
- Ideally NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent, general certificate as a minimum
- Member of IOSH, ideally Grad IOSH working towards CMIOSH
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a health and safety advisor
- Experience in undertaking risk assessments, audits, and delivering training
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation giving specialist advice and providing encouragement and constructive support to managers and employees
- Experience in delivering health and safety arrangements in a consistent and co-ordinated manner across a variety of areas
What we can offer in return is a great place to work and a great team to work with. At NFDC we believe all our employees make a valuable contribution to the work of the council and that’s why we encourage a trusting and open culture where each employee is supported and respected equally where ideas are actively sought and self-development promoted.
• 25 days leave plus an additional 5 days for 5 years continuous service
• Child care vouchers
• Local government pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme (free 24 hour legal, financial and personal advice for employees)
If you are interested in this position and meet the criteria, we would be happy to hear from you.
If you would like to find out more about this role please call Debbie Bruton on 02380 285588.
Additional information on the application process
Closing date: 14th May 2017
To apply click on the APPLY button below
CVs will not be accepted without a fully completed application form