The launch of our new strategy on health and safety and the drive to raise the bar in our health and safety practices makes it an exciting time to join our team. We are a team of 4 made up of a Health & Safety Technical Officer, 2 Health & Safety Advisers and a Head of Health & Safety.
We are looking for a self-motivated and result-oriented Health & Safety Adviser who will bring an infectious energy into his/her work. Reporting to the Head of Health & Safety, the successful candidate will, amongst other duties:
- Provide informed and well-rounded advice on a range of health and safety subjects to promote compliance across our housing stock, workplaces and our undertakings;
- Act as a business partner to departments and develop their capacities to improve their health and safety performances;
- Develop and deliver health and safety training;
- Write health and safety policies and procedures, and communicate them effectively to all stakeholders;
- Monitor construction works and the health and safety performance of contractors;
- Support other team members and contribute to the development of the team’s Health & Safety Technical Officer.
The successful candidate will have:
- NEBOSH diploma in occupational safety and health and/or an equivalent qualification;
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation applicable to the housing sector;
- The ability to influence positively and bring about change at all levels within the organisation;
- Experience of developing and delivering health and safety training;
- The ability to analyse situations accurately and devise informed safe working solutions;
- Well-developed report writing skills.
In addition, the successful candidate will be able to take initiative when the situation calls for it, manage own workload and take ownership for the successful implementation of our health and safety strategy and our excellence model.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Seton Akojenu, Head of Health & Safety on 02073646076 or firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply:
Please complete the application form online.
Closing Date: 15th June 2018