|Salary||c £75k pa to c £85k pa plus car, bonus and benefits|
|Sector||Construction HSE , Risk management|
|Posted||11 months ago|
|Apply by||Friday, 7 December 2018|
Part of a substantial £6.3 billion organisation and operating as the forefront of their industry, our client is one of the world’s largest fertiliser companies and provides end users and manufacturers on five continents with a wide range of high performance solutions.
Growth remains firmly on the agenda and there are substantial opportunities that must now be realised and without doubt, this is one of the most exciting times in their history. As such, we are looking to appoint a high calibre Head of Safety, Health, Environment & Quality to this key position.
• Reporting directly to the Managing Director, this critical role goes way beyond legal requirements where you will integrate high impact SHEQ activities into every facet of this significant organisation.
• As a key member of the senior management team, you will bring a fresh approach and create a high performing and innovative SHEQ discipline.
• Leading both hands-on and strategic activities for the site, this role requires a different mind-set and approach from previous times and as such, the necessity for a new level of thinking, behaviour and culture.
• You will be required to develop, build and execute proactive and sustainable hazard risk management systems in line with business objectives in order to monitor safety, health, environmental quality and corporate risk with the ultimate aim of hazard control, zero injuries and autonomous safety.
• You will implement risk management programmes including major hazards as defined under UK legislation to ensure all hazards and risks are controlled.
• You will raise the profile of the department and create a behavioural based culture, whilst enabling and supporting transformational leadership to ensure SHEQ activities are an integral part of individual’s key objectives in order to build both capability and capacity.
• You will deliver best practice to all stakeholders (both internal and external) and will lead generalist activities encompassing hazards/risk assessment, safe systems at work, behavioural base training, liaison with appropriate bodies etc.
• Ideally NEBOSH qualified, the successful candidate will have extensive SHEQ experience gained in a best in class high hazard/risk management environment. This may well be within a site based or HQ Risk Management role or within an SHEQ consultancy.
• As such, you may well be working within amongst others; the mining, petrochemical, nuclear, biological, power station, oil and gas, chemicals, tunnelling/construction sectors where excellence in SHEQ activities is an absolute given.
• An outstanding leader with extensive systems development expertise, you will have a deep understanding of the latest SHEQ tools and techniques and be able to raise the bar and take the function to the next stage of its development and beyond.
• Driven, energetic and creative in equal measure, you will be distinguished by your ability to oversee major breakthroughs in SHEQ culture, behaviour and performance.
• This is a superb opportunity to be involved in genuinely influencing the shape and strength of the company and the successful candidate will relish the opportunity to develop their career with this true market leading organisation.
Interested? Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered. Quote reference number 15/277 to; email@example.com