Your new company
World leading telecommunication's company with large scale customer focus and a strong successful brand reputation. They support a wide range of infrastructure and have delivered large scale technology upgrades. They have a large focus on safety in the workplace and care about their people leading them to taking positive approaches towards health, safety & wellbeing. With aspirations to be a 'Zero Avoidable Harm' organisation as well maximising workplace wellbeing, there really is a lot of support and resources here to strive forward safety.
Your new role
Reporting into the Director of Health & Safety, as the Head of Safety you will have the responsibility of the following:
- Providing strategic policy direction, advice and guidance
- Line management of up to 8 team members to oversee professional standards of advice
- Defining and developing effective strategy for health & safety management
- Overseeing the development and delivery of health & safety plans
- Creating a visible and collaborative presence for health & safety across the organisation
- Fostering strong and positive working relationships with leaders and influencers across the business
- Providing competent advice and recommendations ensuring compliance with legislation
- Implementing a safety assurance function including 3 Lines of Defence
- Establishing consultation and engagement strategies for key stakeholders
- Developing operational and governance systems including serious accident analysis, enforcement action etc...
- Coaching of Managers on HSW policy and procedures
- and More...
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful my client is looking for an innovative, dynamic-approach, forward-thinking health & safety professional backed up with a NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and CMIOSH status ideally. You will need to have strong skills in change management and use of analytics as well as a good handle on business strategy. You will need to have a substantial experience with working around top level senior stakeholders, influencing operational practices and leading on strategic direction across multiple levels of an organisations. Any industry experience will be considered but professionals from either high risk or large organisations with multiple business units would be favourable.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a very generous financial package including a base salary in the region of £90-120k + 15% bonus. You will also receive an additional £7.5k car allowance. In addition you will also receive discount on all organisational products and have the options to buy into their shareplan. There is also a range of additional benefits including a range of insurances involved. There is a possibility for this role to offer some flexible working also with options of agile working open for discussion.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.