Hays Exclusive | Brand New Role | London Council | Housing Focus | up to £62k dependent on experience
Your new company
Hays Health and Safety have exclusively partnered with the Housing arm of a London Local Authority to recruit a brand new position for them. They are currently building a brand-new housing focused Health & Safety team and are looking for a Head of Health, Safety and Resilience to lead the team.
Your new role
Reporting into the Associate Director of Property Services, your main role will be to drive the health & safety function to ensure the provision of good quality, safe and well-maintained homes for the residents of the borough. You will be leading a new team of 7 professionals including experienced advisors, facilities professionals and support staff including an apprentice. On a macro scale your job responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the effective management of the H&S function
- Ownership of the safety of the Council's High Risk Residential Buildings (HRRB)
- Local Expert - providing advice to staff and contractors ensuring high standards of safety and compliance
- Developing a comprehensive and ongoing training programme for all staff
- Ensuring the team undertakes regular audits and inspections to monitor stock condition and ensure all works are happening in a safe manner
- Key contact for all bodies & enforcement agencies including HSE, London Fire & Emergency Planning Authority, The Regulator of Social Housing etc...
- Assisting senior staff with development of service specific business continuity plans
- and more...
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful, you will need a positive and engaging outlook on health & safety. You will need to have extensive experience at management level in previous roles including managing a team and a high competency on strategic work. CMIOSH is ideal but candidates working towards this already at GradIOSH status might be considered depending on other experience. Ideally my client is looking for someone with a strong public sector focus and desirably some experience within the Housing sector would be advantageous.
What you'll get in return
In return you will get a salary of up to £62k, dependent on experience and performance at interview. On top of that a host of public sector benefits including local government pension scheme, generous annual leave and some options for flexible working.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.