A fantastic new Head of Health and Safety job has arisen for a public sector organisation based in Birmingham. You will be tasked with ensuring effective delivery of the organisation's Health and Safety policies, strategies, management system and management of the Health and Safety team. You will be ensuring the organisation has effective procedures in place, so they can deliver their Health and Safety obligations, ensuring the organisation is legally compliant and conforms to best practice in all aspects of Health and Safety.
You will be developing and implementing clear strategies and supporting action plans as well as having the responsibility for advising the senior leadership teams and board on the implications of current and emerging Health and Safety legislation, making recommendations and generating, then implementing action plans.
Other duties include:
- Ensure best practice risk assessment processes are in place
- Ensure the organisation's health and safety records are effectively maintained
- Review accident and incident reporting systems
- Promote a positive safety culture
- Oversee contractor compliance
- Work with key stakeholders across the organisation to embed safety culture
- Ensure all Health and Safety emergency planning and business continuity issues are identified and built into plans
- Manage the Health and Safety budget
Skills and Qualifications needed:
You will be CMIOSH and hold the NEBOSH diploma (or equivalent). You will have extensive Health and Safety experience gained from a large, complex organisation and have excellent up to date knowledge of new and existing Health and Safety legislation. You will have experience of managing Health and Safety teams and be able to evidence how you have driven forward Health and Safety culture by building up excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. In addition you must have practical knowledge of the impact of Health and Safety on business continuity management and emergency planning and have strong experience of managing contractors.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.