Head of Health and Safety
Shanghai | £130,000 + Living costs and Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton has been exclusively retained by one of the world's largest construction companies to recruit a Head of Health and Safety. The role is primarily responsible for a major mixed-use development project in Shanghai. The company are engaged globally on major construction and infrastructure projects with this development being one of their highest profile and includes multiple high-rise residential buildings.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health and Safety will include:
- Planning health and safety throughout the development, assessing upcoming challenges and ensuring health and safety solutions are in place
- Visiting site, assisting, advising and coaching contractors and working with them to improve health and safety performance
- Leading and developing the site Health and Safety Team
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvements and sharing best practice across the organisation
The successful Head of Health and Safety will have:
- Proven leadership experience in a similar role ideally within construction or civil engineering or a related industry, ideally from a principal contractor
- Experience in influencing, engaging and coaching senior management and site level operations
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
- Proven experience in a health and safety role within China or developing countries
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632. RefJI 574.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.