Acre is currently working alongside a renowned principal contractor to identify a new Head of Health and Safety for a large infrastructure project. With the ability to grow a team and influence safety culture through innovation and employee engagement, this position acts as an excellent opportunity. You will be tasked with providing strategy development and inspirational leadership across the project.
Our client is a global multi-disciplined engineering and construction company. Within this position, you will utilise your dynamism and passion to drive positive safety change throughout the project, encouraging stakeholders to take personal ownership of Health and Safety.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Engaging the businesses supply chain to maximise safety performance. Proactively look at areas to influence performance and best practice
- Driving a philosophy of safety ownership throughout all levels of the organisation
- Developing and implementing strategic aims to effectively deliver, promote and maintain a H&S culture into the project
- Managing the investigation of all major incidents and dangerous occurrences, plus creating action plans to alleviate such future issues
Whether you are used to operating at a senior and strategic level or looking to get your first 'Head' position, we would love to hear from you. If you are dynamic, innovative, people focused and have a great history of empowering individuals to take ownership of Health and Safety, then this would be a great position for you.
Ideally, you'll have experience working on a major infrastructure project, however our client is flexible. Therefore, if your career is from within a high-risk industry your experience would align well to the project's risk profile.
Your personal experience/specification:
- Strong leadership skills with credibility and gravitas to embrace a progressive approach to Health and Safety
- A strategic thinker, who also likes to be out on site to drive all around Health and Safety awareness
- An ability to proactively promote continuous development in line with business and market demands
- Someone who sees beyond perceived limitations and strives to achieve benefits by taking calculated risks
This is an excellent opportunity to join an energetic business on an exciting infrastructure project. If you have the skills and desire to grow a team whilst embracing a progressive approach to Health and Safety, please apply today.