We are currently working exclusively with a high-tech pharmaceutical business, who are rapidly expanding and growing their presence on a global level. They are looking to appoint a Head of Health & Safety to manage their EHS operations and need someone who can think innovatively and quickly adapt to new scenarios.
The role will be working in a fast-paced & high-risk environment, where you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a positive HSE culture; working with colleagues at all levels of the business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful organisation and will suit an enthusiastic HSE professional who is able to influence and collaborate successfully with others.
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will provide operational and strategic advice in regards to HSE and work together to create plans, as well as having clear objectives of what needs to be achieved
- Lead the development of the HSE culture across the site – Working with key-stakeholders in helping them understand their role in HSE management
- Lead and develop the EHS team to enable them to deliver the processes, procedures, tools and training to support all aspects of EHS. Implementing any changes to ensure the business is actively proactively at all times.
- Work with the wider organisation in order to drive and develop new ideas
- Degree qualified and hold recognised HSE qualifications. It will be advantageous to have a degree in a scientific discipline
- Exposure to a manufacturing environment – in particular labs will be useful
- Maintain a hands-on approach – The ability to build working relationships is vital
- Experience managing a HSE team and driving HSE forward
Ref - RJ 13850