Are you looking to further develop your career within Health and Safety? Are you a real advocate of colleague welfare? We are looking for a H&S Advisor to join our team to continue keeping all our colleagues safe and happy whilst they're at work.
You will be the go-to person with any H&S queries and concerns, responsible for carrying out regular inspections and audits at all our sites to identify and reduce risks. Part of your job will also be to train all new colleagues and managers to achieve their IOSH Working or Managing Safely qualification.
This is predominantly a field based role working throughout our 48 sites in the East of England (you'll be provided with the equipment you need so you can work remotely) but, you will have your own working space at our head office based in Pampisford, Cambridgeshire.
- You will audit sites and analyse information to make recommendations for changes to working practises to ensure safe working systems are in place.
- You will investigate all reportable accidents and near misses to identify the root cause with the aim of eliminating similar accidents.
- Researching and staying on top of current legislation is important as you will need to provide advice, assistance and information to us all.
- Working alongside our Transport department you will own the H&S aspect of our company vehicles with focus on the operation of fork-lifts and our commercial vehicle fleet.
- Building regular reports on all areas of your role to make improvements in the future.
Who we’re looking for
- Flexibility and adaptability is a key skill that's needed to be successful in this role.
- You're a positive person with high levels of drive and enthusiasm, you are a self-starter who works on their own initiative.
- You can coach, mentor, and guide managers to decisions and empowering them to own their H&S in their business unit.
- You have an excellent attention to detail and work in a logical way, taking on problem solving in a pragmatic way.
- Effective interpersonal skills and at all levels and influencing skills.
- As report writing is key within this position an analytical mind is of benefit and a good knowledge of computers (Excel and Word especially).
- You're confident when it comes to making decisions.
- Experience of working with multi-site operations would be ideal for you to have.
- We need you to be a graduate Member of IOSH.
- It is an essential requirement for you to hold a full UK Driving licence.