We are now seeking a Group Senior Risk Advisor to provide robust risk-management direction to all the companies in the Gressingham Group and ensure compliance with relevant legislation. The appointee will implement successful risk management policies and monitor, in particular, health and safety practice across the Gressingham Group. They will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment for Gressingham’s employees and those contracted by the companies.
The Group Senior Risk Advisor will be in charge of advising on risk management for Green Label Holdings, Gressingham Game and J.F. Edwards, to deliver an effective risk management framework covering, for example: - Health & Safety, Environmental, Transport, Animal Welfare, Physical Security and Business Continuity
- To plan and deliver a rolling three-year health and safety and risk-management strategy plan
- To develop and implement a competency assurance framework in all areas of the businesses to minimise non-compliance and accident risk
- To work closely with the operations and in particular the senior leadership team and department managers to implement systems for best practice
- To ensure that the company has a fully functioning risk management system with the effect of achieving compliance with all statutory regulatory requirements and keep abreast of new and evolving legislation
- To monitor, review and audit regulatory and health and safety practice across the businesses and present findings to the board
- To be responsible for professional standards and systems for risk management across the Gressingham group
- To promote a positive health and safety culture while clearly communicating safety information and policy to personnel
- To implement a standardised approach to day-to-day health and safety and highlight areas of inconsistency
- To set realistic short and long-term objectives for health and safety and regulatory performance across the businesses
- To arrange risk and health and safety training for all staff as required and arrange maintenance of training records
- To manage a team of health and safety and environmental officers who will report directly to the appointee
- To maintain a robust system for reporting and investigating accidents and incidents as well as near misses, liaising with the health and safety officers to ensure this is implemented
- To develop a tiered approach to investigations of all accidents and near-misses and present learnings and planned action to the board
- To support operational managers in delivering on their risk responsibilities
- To present yourself in a professional manner in line with Company guidelines and to comply with regulations regarding confidentiality and security
- Other duties as the management may reasonably require
The Ideal Candidate
- Significant prior experience in risk management and risk management processes
- Diploma in Risk Management
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering/Science/Risk
- CMIOSH, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent [BMH1]
- Membership of a relevant professional body (such as IRM or IOSH)
- Knowledge of health and safety and risk management systems and best practice frameworks
- Strong IT skills
- Numerate and able to collate qualitative and quantitative information into reports
- A positive personality and excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A confident leader with the ability to develop and promote a best practice risk culture among colleagues and maintain positive relationships with operational managers to ensure effective communication
- Be willing to work in meat production and farming environments
- An understanding of the Gressingham brand and what we stand for
About The Company
Green Label Holdings with three operating companies, operating 70 farms across East Anglia, two factory sites and two hatcheries. It employs 600 people throughout the year, rising to 1,000 at Christmas (peak production). The Group Senior Risk Advisor would be in charge of managing risk across all sites.
Gressingham Game operates near Richmond, North Yorkshire and has a team of up to 50 employees.
J.F. Edwards operates four shops in Smithfield Market and a retail butcher in Primrose Hill, North London. It employs 70 people.
Job Type: Full-time | Competitive Salary (Dependant on experience) | Norfolk
The Gressingham Group is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.