We are looking to appoint a Group Health, Safety and Security Manager. This is an exciting new position within the Group which will work across the full H&S spectrum with the aim of promoting, developing and establishing a positive safety culture for its people.
The role will lead on both the strategic H&S planning and roll out of agreed plans along with providing expert advice to the management teams across the group. The successful person will also work closely with the Chair of the Group Health and Safety Committee. Excellent people skills are therefore required!
A large part of the role is monitoring H&S compliance, auditing processes and procedures, report generation and ensuring the Health and Safety Management System is both up to date but most importantly in use, at all times.
The successful person will:
- be a chartered member of the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety, ideally with a minimum of 5 years membership
- hold a NEBOSH Diploma or be willing to complete the qualification soon after being appointed into the position. You will also hold the Level 4 NVQ in Spectator Safety
- be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of Health, Safety and Security legislation and be aware of Best practice in this area.
- have experience of operating at a senior level and of advising senior colleagues on Health, Safety and Security risks.
- have experience of managing regulatory issues and liaising with the appropriate regulatory organisations.
- have experience of both strategic H&S and implementing/delivering agreed plans
- have previous experience of working in a multi-site organisation and be able to travel to company locations as required.
We can be flexible on where the successful person is based, however, there will be a large amount of UK travel required to fulfil this position.
This is an exciting opportunity within the group. If you have skills and experiences we are looking for then we would love to hear from you! To apply please visit our Careers site https://careers.thejockeyclub.
Closing date for applications: 24th January 2020. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date should we receive a suitable number of applications.