Nottingham Community Housing Association is a values-driven organisation and one of the largest locally-based housing groups in the East Midlands. We manage over 9,500 homes and house more than 20,000 tenants across the East Midlands in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety professional to lead in the development and implementation of NCHA’s corporate health and safety strategy, policies and systems, alongside our strong moral values.
About the role
This is a varied and exciting Health & Safety management role.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, you will manage the small, but efficient, Health & Safety team and ensure compliance in all aspects of Health & Safety. You will provide general health and safety advice, support and monitoring across a wide range of risk areas, as well as advising on training requirements for NCHA colleagues
In addition, you will manage our insurance portfolio and work with management and colleagues across the NCHA Group to develop systems and processes to mitigate risks and minimise claims.
Having an in-depth knowledge of Health & Safety, you will use your skills and experience to identify the key areas of risk to NCHA colleagues and put measures in place to minimise those risks. You will also take a proactive role in identifying key risks to customers and the general public on the Group property and work to alleviate those risks.
Lastly, you will lead on the development and implementation of the corporate Health & Safety strategy and associated systems and ensure a ‘safety first’ culture is embedded across the NCHA Group.
You will be a highly organised and resilient Health & Safety professional, with a successful track record of driving improvements and minimising risks. You will have experience in a similar leadership role, ideally within the housing sector (or have transferable skills from another sector). You will have a Health & Safety related degree or relevant professional qualification e.g. NEBOSH diploma and hold membership of IOSH.
Substantial experience of leading teams and management is essential for this role. You will also have experience of managing complex budgets, practical application of risk management and a comprehensive knowledge of Health & Safety management and /or risk management.
You will have a high level of numeracy, literacy and excellent IT skills. A valid driving licence and regular access to a car is essential for this post.
This is a great opportunity to work for an organisation that is committed to the on-going training and development of colleagues. In return for your values, skills and experience, we will offer you a fantastic benefits package:
- Competitive salary
- 36.5 days leave + an extra 2 days after 5 years service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £1200 per year on routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme which pays above the minimum employer contribution rate up to 7.5%
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme if in the pension scheme
- Family Friendly Working Policies e.g. enhanced maternity/ paternity/ adoption leave pay and policies
- Benefits scheme offering savings on shopping cards, discounts and cashback at high street shops and major supermarkets, gyms etc. via Health shield Perks
- £250 for referring a friend/family member who is appointable and starts employment in a Care Assistant or Support Worker role
- Free access to employee Advice Line, offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Employee Recognition Scheme with rewards up to £50 and additional holiday for qualifying service
- On-going learning and development opportunities
- Discounted bus pass schemes in Nottingham through the Colleague Travel Scheme e.g. annual saving of of £156 per year or £13 per month for Nottingham City Transport
Candidates will be required to complete online ability assessments as part of the selection process.
All correspondence will be via your registered email address
Interview: 1st May 2019
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates