Job Role – Group Health, Safety & Environmental advisor, Transport/Logistics
Location – Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Contract – Permanent
Salary – Attractive Salary + Car/Car Allowance + benefits.
Working Hours – 37.5 Hours per week.
Apply by – 10th November 2017 (Interviews will be held during November/December 2017).
Send your CV to Scott.Tallis@jelson.co.uk
Jelson Homes is a Transport, logistics, and supply chain company located in the Leicestershire area of the UK. One of our Group businesses operates a modern, well maintained fleet which provides a service to Jelson Homes Construction sites and our external clients.
We are currently recruiting for a new Group Health, Safety & Environmental advisor to provide support to our Transport & Logistics Group business also based in the Leicestershire area.
Reporting to the Group Health & Safety Director you will be responsible for implementing the Group Health & Safety policy and will work closely with the management team to continually improve and maximise the quality and consistency of our services. As part of the Group Health & Safety department your Roles & Responsibilities will be to ensure you provide Health, Safety & Environmental support to the Group Transport & Logistics business.
This role requires you to instigate and implement effective Health, Safety & Environmental standards and procedures, as such we are looking for previous experience of implementing and managing change/culture. Ideally this experience will be gained within Transport & logistics sector, however we are also looking for transferrable skills you may have gained in another sector.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career, as this is a newly created position there will be opportunities to shape this role and develop it long term.
We are looking for a candidate whose role would be to: -
- In-depth knowledge of current HSE legislations
- Conduct HSE inspections and audits across the Group Transport & Logistics business.
- Work with management to resolve HSQE matters and work towards ever improving the culture of the workforce.
- Engage with operatives on site to encourage health and safety best practice.
- Be an active member of the whole team.
- Report on & Investigating accidents and incidents.
- Offer Health, Safety & Environmental support & advice.
- Conduct H&S Training & Toolbox talks.
- Be proactive in rolling out new H&S initiatives.
- Must be able to write new/review Risk Assessments including COSHH & Fire and Safe systems of works etc.
- Ensure that health and safety policies are implemented, understood and complied with in the workplace.
- Ensure SSOW, safety bulletins and H&S manual updates are communicated and trained to relevant employees then documented on training records.
- Train all new employees on Group Health & Safety Policies and in basic health and safety.
- Act as first line support to the Operations Directors on all health and safety matters.
- Produce management reports/KPIs/statistics on a regular basis to monitor success.
Qualifications and attributes of Candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years Health, Safety & Environmental experience.
- Nebosh General Certificate (essential).
- Full driving License (essential).
- Nebosh Fire (Desirable).
- Nebosh Diploma or equivalent (Desirable).
- Member of IOSH (Desirable).
- Experience of Transport/Fleet Workplace environment.
- Be an enthusiastic member of the team and also able to work unsupervised and management of time to achieve deadlines set by the Group Health & Director.
- Be familiar with environmental aspect and Impacts.
- Be focused and maintaining performance and continual improvement.
- Able to influence a good behavioral safety culture.