|Salary||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Posted||24 days ago|
|Apply by||Sunday, 17 November 2019|
To be considered for this Group Health and Safety Manager role you must have:
• Experience working within Warehousing, Logistics, Manufacturing and Facilities Management.
• It would also be advantageous if you have worked in the Chemical or Food distribution environment.
• Relevant degree or Diploma or equivalent NVQ Level 6 (e.g. NEBOSH Diploma)
• MIWFM (advantageous)
• Driving Licence
• Computer skills in Microsoft (MS) Office package as an advanced user
The Group Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
• Planning, designing and implementing an overall safety management system for the organisation;
• Undertaking audits and inspections of all sites and preparing site specific reports to identify corrective actions and ensure continual improvement of standards;
• To lead or support initiatives across the business that promote health and wellbeing;
• Promoting a positive H&S culture. Assisting local H&S teams and staff to support and guide them in their efforts;
• Liaising with external 3rd party H&S contractors, insurers and regulators;
• Vetting contractors and work-related documentation (e.g. public liability insurance, accreditations, RAMS…)
• Producing reports and statistics using MS Office formats;
• Identifying and leading changes to working practices to ensure all sites comply with current legislation and local insurance requirements;
• Leading in-house health and safety training for managers and employees;
• Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
• Maintaining records of incidents and accidents and producing relevant statistical reports for managers;
• Contributing to incident investigations as necessary;
• Using accident and incident statistics to plan and implement continuous improvement initiatives;
• Maintain up to date awareness of current H&S and environmental legal requirements;
• Liaison with the VP-Facilities/H&S to plan and control adequate funding for H&S requirements.
• Ensuring all sites comply with current legislation regarding the management and/or disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. legionella, asbestos;
• Provide H&S support for facilities projects, e.g. emergency planning for business continuity, refurbishment or acquisition of premises etc
Salary up to 55k with full benefits.
For more information please email email@example.com or call 0121 454 5000