Group Health and Safety Manager | Construction
Wembley | £50,000 to £60,000 + Car + benefits.
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a leading civil engineering and RC Frame construction contractor, who are looking to appoint a Group Health and Safety Manager to take the lead on major RC Frame projects across London and the South East. Reporting into the Head of Health and Safety, this is a great opportunity to join a successful business with excellent opportunities for career advancement.
This role requires a confident self-starter who can drive forward a positive health and safety culture in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities of the Group Health and Safety Manager include:
- Support the site teams by providing constructive advice and feedback on their Health, Safety, Environment and Quality practices, identifying areas for improvement and feeding back as appropriate
- Be the first point of contact for accidents, near misses and incident reporting whilst monitoring key issues and trends
- Conduct site inspections and audits as required across the region and raise awareness of good practices
- Maintain, update and improve the company's management systems and wider framework
The successful Group Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction or civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge of ISO/OHSAS standards with experience in maintaining and updating these management systems
- Ideally NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and minimum of Grad IOSH.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a range of key stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get generate new initiatives, drive forward best practice and implement change within an industry leading organisation. For further details please contact Emily Dainton on or 01923 432 634.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.