Group Head of Asbestos
£65,000 + Excellent Benefits
Irwin & Colton have been engaged by a FTSE 100 company, to recruit a Group Head of Asbestos. This role will lead across the business on asbestos and other hazardous environment issues including radon, lead and legionella. This position is responsible for setting strategy, defining policy and ensuring successful risk management across the business. With over 70,000 employees and hundreds of properties across the UK and abroad this role is a critical leadership position within the company.
Responsibilities of the Group Head of Asbestos will include:
- Leading on strategy and policy across asbestos, lead, radon and legionella
- Promoting, developing and establishing a positive culture within the company, ensuring it can meet and go over and above its legal requirements
- Working with business leaders communicating complex information and collaborating to create pragmatic solutions
- Providing competent support and expert advice to stakeholders across the organisation and working closely with external contractors
The Group Head of Asbestos will have:
- Extensive experience with the management of asbestos within large, complex, multi-site organisations with large property portfolios
- Extensive technical knowledge of radon, lead and legionella
- Experience engaging a range of stakeholders, setting and communicating strategy across a large business
- Hold BOHS P402, BOHS P404 and BOHS P405 qualifications and membership of IOSH
This is a unique opportunity to take a leadership role in a large, well known UK business. If this role is of interest, please contact James Irwin on or 01923 432 632
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.