The organisation is looking for an experienced Occupational Health & Wellbeing professional, used to operating and influencing at a senior and operational level, who will support our operational teams to develop and improve the Health and Wellbeing culture across the business. This position offers an exciting opportunity to take up the position of General Manager – Occupational Health & Wellbeing, providing strategic leadership for occupational health and safety. Reporting to and working closely with the VP – Group Safety Standards. The post holder will be responsible for providing effective Occupational Health & Wellbeing support network-wide as we strive for Operational Excellence. Menzies Aviation has a large global workforce of diverse cultures and varying work environment, the development of a comprehensive Human Factors programme will be one of the key pillars to success in this role, and be vital in the drive for ‘Excellence’.
Main accountabilities include:
- Provide strategic leadership in Heath & Wellbeing, be visible inside and outside the business, collaborate with regulators, customers and other business partners and suppliers, where required representing the organisation at industry forums.
- Create a Human Factors programme and work to establish and raise awareness of Human Factors in the workplace.
- Provide expert advice on Occupational Health & Safety matters, identifying solutions to enable the company to comply with all relative occupational health and safety legislation, and industry best practice to meet the organisation objective of operational ‘excellence’.
- Maintain foresight over current and emerging changes to Occupational Health & Safety legislation and regulations to ensure regional business/risk teams are aware, prepared and in full compliance with any new and relative regulatory changes in the Countries and States of operation.
- Support operational and safety teams identifying emerging risks to the health of staff and developing programmes and policies to mitigate and reduce these.
- Monitor and report on health & wellbeing performance, advising senior leadership and key business decision makers of areas of health risk and recommendations for improvement.
- Lead on the delivery of market leading Occupational Health solutions and develop a Health Management Plan for the business activities.
- Ensure the effectiveness of the companies Health & Wellbeing policies, and promote engagement through employee forums and promotional media.
- Scrutinise all personal injury incident, accident and near-miss reports to ensure investigations identify the root cause and the contributable factors, and that corrective measures are appropriate.
- Analyse accident and incident trends for emerging trend and proactively address issues arising to drive reduction in PI events, reduce work absence, and improve employee wellbeing.
- Play a full role in the overall development of Group Risk Management and risk reduction initiatives.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the VP Group Safety Standards from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A background as a Senior Occupational Health Professional or Occupational Health Manager.
- Experience of Occupational Health & Wellbeing in a diverse and fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a high level of confidence to influence at all levels.
- Experience working in a truly international and multi-cultural business.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent International Qualification.
- This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example.
- Previous international experience would be advantageous with an understanding of aviation operations and occupational health regulatory requirements.
- Language skills would be considered an advantage, but not necessary.